Turkey ‘Coup’ – 10 Things to Know
- Military jets have been seen flying low over the city as major bridges in Istanbul have been closed.
- Military claims it has seized control of the country.
- The Turkish chief of military staff is among several who have been taken hostage in Ankara.
- Turkish soldiers block both bridges on the Bosphorus in Istanbul.
- CNN Turk reported President Erdogan is safe.
- President Erdogan have fled country on a private jet.
- Tanks are rolling through the streets of Istanbul and airport’s entrance.
- All flights from Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport were canceled.
- The Internet access has been cut off in Ankara.
- Turkish soldiers have reportedly raided Istanbul Police Department headquarters, requesting the policemen handover their weapons.
image Credit: Getty