Hungary Grabs 10 Golden Medals In London As Boglárka Kapás Triumphs Once Again.
Hungarian swimming talent Boglárka Kapás won her fourth gold medal of the European swimming championships on Sunday as Hungary topped the final medals table while hosts Britain wrapped up the pool action with a relay double.
Boglárka Kapás had already won 800m, 1,500m and 4×200 freestyle golds and the 23-year-old added the 400m to her collection with a time of four minutes 3.47 seconds, ahead of Britain’s defending champion Jazz Carlin. “When I saw I had swum 4:03 I couldn’t believe my eyes,” Kapás said. “I dared to switch gears at 150m and this meet has given me an enormous boost.”
Hungary ended the meeting with 10 golds and a total of 19 medals, fewer than Britain who took their haul for the week to 22 but only seven of them gold. Hungary finished atop the swimming medal table, producing its best-ever European Championships run, for the first time with double digits for gold medals.
Hungarian golden medals at the London 2016 European Aquatics Championship:
- Katinka Hosszú – 400m Individual Medley heat
- Katinka Hosszú – 400m Individual Medley final
- Lászlo Cseh – 200m Butterfly semi final
- Katinka Hosszú – 200m Individual Medley final
- László Cseh – 200m Butterfly final
- Boglárka Kapás – 1500m Freestyle final
- László Cseh – 100m Butterfly final
- Boglárka Kapás – 800m Freestyle final
- Boglárka Kapás – 4x200m Freestyle final
- Boglárka Kapás – 400m Freestyle final
Picture credit : http://mno.hu / presztizssport.com